2020 APRA Conference
Social Media Photo Conference Rules
Submission Deadline: Friday, July 15, 2020
70th Annual Arizona Parks & Recreation Association Conference
August 11-13 We-ko-Pa Resort and Conference Center
Fort McDowell, Arizona
The Arizona Parks and Recreation Association would like to invite all photographers, both amateur and professional, to share your best original photos taken at any Arizona park or recreation facility, event, sport, program, or class. Submit up to four of your favorite Parks and Recreation photos by Wednesday, July 15, 2020.
A. Facilities & Landscape-Stunning photos that highlight landscape projects, community center architecture, public art, or new public parks and recreation facilities belong here. Showcase the beautiful public amenities in your community.
B. Programs and Events- Amazing action shots or images that demonstrates the spirit of an event Photos of people enjoying programs, sports, events, or classes that are hosted by Parks and Recreation Departments.” A "great photo" might also be an. Our industry creates memories for so many. See it, snap it, submit it!
C. Great Outdoors- Hitting the trails or enjoying the great outdoors is essential to healthy lifestyles. Action shots that show-off your adventures or once in a life time nature images belong here. We're looking for beautiful photos of the natural areas, desert, woods, trees, trails or wildlife that demonstrate the natural beauty of Arizona.
D. NEW- Special Category: PLAY (this could be a fun match photo to a word like “PLAY” or “Match the Caption” concept. Photo contest sponsor can get creative with this custom photo category)
PHOTO CONTEST RULES:
1. Eligibility -The contest is open to all participants of any age. We also encourage all Parks and Recreation employees to participate.
2. Deadline -Submissions must be emailed to Richard Ortiz at email@example.com by Wednesday, July 15, 2020.
3. How to Submit:
Digital photos in jpeg format must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Minimum of 2,000 pixels wide (if a horizontal image) or 2,000 pixels tall if vertical.
Each photo should have the following information detailed in the email:
o Description - explaining who/what/when/where/why (no more than 50 words).
o Category - choose one of the four photo contest categories. (Judges reserve the right to adjust the category selected when deemed appropriate).
o Year Taken - No photographs older than three years, please.
o Point of Contact- name, title, contact information.
Example: Jane, Dixon, Recreation Manager, 520-222-9999
4. Photographer's Rights -Photographer retains all rights to any photographs submitted - including ownership if applicable - other than those rights licensed in the next sentence. By entering the contest, the photographer hereby grants the Arizona Parks and Recreation Association:
(i) a nonexclusive, worldwide, irrevocable, royalty-free license to reproduce, distribute, use in publications and associated trade magazines, publicly display and publicly perform the photographs you submit to the Arizona Parks and Recreation Association , and
(ii) The right to use your name, city, state and country of residence in promotions and other publications.
4. Photographer's Responsibility- If you choose to include close-up shots of people in your submission, you are responsible for obtaining the necessary releases from the individuals depicted, and must be able to provide copies of those releases to the Parks and Recreation Department upon request. (Standard model release forms can easily be found on the Internet.) In addition, by entering the contest, the photographer herby grants the Arizona Parks and Recreation Association: (i) a nonexclusive, worldwide, irrevocable, royalty free license to reproduce, distribute, use in publications and associated trade magazines, publicity display and publicly perform the photographs you submit to the Arizona Parks and Recreation Association, and (ii) The right to use your name, city, state and country of residence in promotions and other publications.
5. Photo Criteria:
7. Judging - The judges consist APRA members Judging will begin on Monday, July 20 through online survey. Photograph entries will be judged on the following criteria:
8. Prize Winners – 1st and 2nd in each category and “Best in Show”
9. Legal Conditions - By entering, participants agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Arizona Parks and Recreation Association , its respective subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees, attorneys, agents and representatives, from any all third party liability for any injuries, loss, claim, action, demand or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with the competition (collectively, "Losses"), including without limitation any third party claim for copyright infringement or a violation of an individual's right to privacy and/or publicity right.
10. Other –Arizona Parks and Recreation Association reserves the right to adjust any deadline(s) as the result of causes beyond its immediate control.